WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Be-Motivated - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Be-Motivated > Topics

Subject: Wat is success?
Replies: 23 Views: 6484

true 26.11.07 - 07:06am
1stly we hav our own definitions thereof bt i pose 1 que if wat u define as success (being financialy potent) if dat is taken away wat wud u den b? 2 ma definition succes is fulfill ur purpose den and only den can u cal ursef successful. Wat is ur definition? Purpose is sumthng dat can neva b taken away 4rm u cos its GOD givn *

namasuku 26.11.07 - 12:46pm
Success is the accomplishment of a pre determined goal,it is a transformation of desire into reality it is not measured by wealth it is a journey n every one is moving in their direction in their own pace.we can not get there at the same time but we are all going there to get there *

namasuku 26.11.07 - 12:53pm
So we should not worry when others overtake us along the way dont compare yourself with others because we are not the same compare yourself with the word of the lord compare your previous self and your present self to see whether you have progress or not *

tdat 6.12.07 - 09:23am
Success is not to be pursued,it is to be attracted by the person you choose to become *

true 27.04.08 - 10:13pm
Amen. Tdat, iv neva heard it articulatd in dat mannr. Success is intentional, u dnt accidentily stumble apon it. I shud b able 2tel where ur going jus by lukn @wat ur doin. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:01pm
A response to True's definition of Success:

True: Success is the fulfilment of one's purpose as preordained by G-d. Success is neither the accumulation of wealth nor being financially potent. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:06pm
Namasuku defines Success as the accomplishment of a pre-determined goal.
Compact Oxford English Dictionary:
noun
1 the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
2 the attainment of fame, wealth, or social status.
3 a person or thing that achieves success. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:13pm
My Thoughts:
At its purest success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. The next 2 definitions of success given by the Oxford dictionary are mere connotations convoluted by modern norms *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:15pm
for the sake of comformity either for capitalist or societal purposes. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:16pm
The only time where success may be defined as the accumulation of wealth or financial potency is when at the onset the predetermined goals were wealth accumulation and financial potency. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:18pm
Success in this context refers to leading a successful life.
People lead different lives because of different belief systems and social structures and this complicates defining success in the context referred to above *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:20pm
Assertions to be made to facilitate an all encompassing definition of success are:
1) G-d is Life, G-d is the giver of life. G-d is the one and only.
2) We are alive because of G-d, we live to acknowledge G-d's existence and We live to give praise to Thee *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:21pm
3) We have a Purpose for living beyond the need to survive and grow to old age.
4) Our Purpose is preordained by G-d *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:25pm
In my opinion the definition of success after taking in the above assertions in relation to a successful life is: The fulfilment of one's purpose as preordained by G-d.(No different from True's definition) *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:29pm
Wealth accumulation, financial potency or any other material goal discriminate against those physically or emotional incapable of the attainment of such goals at birth or subsequently *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:30pm
For example: a blind person born with no limbs as a deaf mute is beyond disadvantaged and thus the scope of achieving material wealth or financial potency is near impossible if not zero. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:32pm
G-d's preordained Purpose for each individual's life cannot be said to be near impossible or zero because G-d is omni-cogniscent and will never ask of us what we cannot achieve. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:33pm
It is unfortunate that most of the world's leaders and role models advocate material wealth, fame and financial prowess as the definitions of success. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:34pm
Of course the attainment of success is a challenge. A few main elements of this challenge are: Firstly knowing and accepting that G-d is life and abiding by His will. Secondly finding one's purpose as assigned by Him. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:36pm
Once the 2 challenges have been overcome the 3rd challenge is the hardest and it requires constant reminder and strengthening through prayer, the help of family, friends and peers. The 3rd challenge is the daily execution of one's purpose. *

thruqg 22.11.08 - 08:45pm
Conclusion:
Success is three fold.
1) Know and Love G-d your Lord
2) Know your Purpose and that G-d loves you
3) Fulfill your purpose (attempts at fulfilment are silly excuses) with G-d in your heart and mind. And this happens at the same time as one succeeds at daily materialistic survival (i.e. aiming for financial success) *

namasuku 22.11.08 - 08:54pm
wait a minute. . . .who or what is G-d? ?.?!? Blink2.GIF *

namasuku 24.11.08 - 08:37pm
now let us examine G-d
2corinthians10:4-reading onward .we are not ignorant of the enemies devices.
taking into verse5 basting down imgaginations and every thought that exhalts itself above the Almighty God of Israel who is the Lord of hosts.

G-d notice the dash. . begin-end but our God is everlasting He has no begining or end He is the Alpha and the Omega hence we shell his name as.
God notice the nil or letter 'O' no beging no end that is our Jehova EbenhezerYes.GIF *

beat007 11.07.09 - 03:18am
Hi all !
Well 4 me
success is the outcome of the battle between my desire to grow and my ability to defy and defeat my weaknesses *

* Be-Motivated Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Be-Motivated

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search